Babies are very curious and like to explore everything around them. From sticking fingers inside every place to inserting things inside their mouth, they are very vulnerable to getting injuries or accidents in the house. Thankfully, there are measures that you can take as a parent to protect your child from getting injuries or accident frequently in the house. Below is a comprehensive list of the steps you can take to make your home safety for baby.
- A fire extinguisher should be present in each and every floor of your home.
- Install smoke and fire detectors in each room.
- Toys should be bought according to the baby’s age and level of skill.
- Always buckle your baby into the child safety seat each and every time you are in the car with your baby.
- Install quality drawers and cabinets that are within the babies reach.
- Keep all sharp items and household cleaning products in the cabinet or latched drawer.
- Cleaning detergents should be poured only immediately before you begin washing.
- A fire extinguisher should be placed in the kitchen with proper knowledge on how to use it.
Master and Other Bedrooms
- The floors should be regularly checked for dangerous items.
- Empty nightstands of medication, cosmetics, cosmetics, jewelry, manicure tools, and any other dangerous items.
- If you have firearms, keep them either dismantled, unloaded, and locked in a gun safe. Laundry room and garage
- All hazardous materials including cleaning product should be kept high or locked in a cabinet.
- The garage should be always beyond limits at all times.
- Water heaters and any other heating items should be hanged on the wall to prevent a burn hazard. •Garage door openers should have automatic stopping devices to enable them reopen automatically when they sense an obstruction.
- Fence all-round the pool with a four feet tall fence consisting of self-closing gates.
- Never leave a baby alone in the pool or without any supervision.
- If a baby goes missing, always check first in the pool. •Consider installing a closed circuit camera or a gated alarm to monitor the pool area.
How do you hold a newborn baby?
- Be calm and very confident before picking up the baby.
- Support the baby’s head using one arm while supporting its bottom with the other.
- Bring the baby close to your chest to enable it rest its head against your chest.
How not to hold a baby
- Awkward positions, which may make the baby a bit sore afterward, are those when the head and body are misaligned
- In an attempt to support the head, some might press too hard on it
- In quite a few cases, people may carry babies in a way where the support is not under the hips, but on the limbs
How to hold a newborn upright?
- Use one hand to support the baby’s butt and the other hand to protect the neck.
- Bring the baby close to your chest facing you in an upright position.
Your home is the first place where your baby is more likely to get frequent injuries and accidents. This is why it’s important to take all the necessary steps to ensure total home safety for baby. By following these tips, you will be able to not only prevent injuries and accidents, but also relieve yourself of the stress that comes with parenting.